Sunday, October 01, 2006

Trip to Thailand with Mom & Dad


Can you believe it? My parents and Brook and I on a vacation together?? Yeah, it was a crazy idea, and there were definitely some heated moments. We spent 6 days on the beautiful island of Phuket, and then spent 3 days in Bangkok.

Phuket was great! The weather was nice and warm, but we had some heavy rain here and there. The hotel was beautiful and very comfy. My parents were pleasantly surprised. This was their first time to Thailand, and they didn't realize how well-developed and westernized Thailand is.

Brook and I went diving the next day, but since a Typhoon just left Thailand, the sea was pretty rough and the waves quite high. Brook got pretty sea-sick and so didn't go back the next day. I had to go by myself, and I think it was better that way, because the waves were even worse. They were up to 9 feet high and made it difficult to get onto the boat.

We went diving around the Phi Phi islands, which is where part of the movie "The Beach" was filmed. Unfortunately, the waves were quite high and so we didn't see much there. Also, we didn't get to go on the islands either.

We have lots of pictures, so enjoy! I recommend everyone go to Phuket island as it's very nice and reasonable.

See the pictures below:

http://219.84.83.31/Pictures%20of%20Brook%20and%20Todd/2006/10-2006/Parents%20in%20Town/Trip%20to%20Thailand%20with%20Mom%20&%20Dad/ Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home